UNLESS… Earth-friendly Chroniclers
This EVENT is inspired by prophetic words written in 1971 by Dr. Seuss in his book-The Lorax .
UNLESS . . .
someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
“UNLESS… Earth-friendly Chroniclers” provides a word or phrase approximately each week for participants to share a post that exemplifies the meaning of the featured ecological, environmental, or conservation concept.
If creating a post is a problem… Please feel welcome to participate via comments to share your thoughts and to join the conversation.
Commemorative ecological, environmental, and conservation dates inspire the topics/ themes for UNLESS… Earth-friendly Chroniclers’ posts:
- February: PLASTIC
- March: WATER (International Day of Action for Rivers, Water Day)
- April: SOIL (World Health Day, Earth Day, Arbor Day)
- May: BIODIVERSITY (World Migratory Bird Day, World Biodiversity Day)
- June: OCEANS, POLLINATORS (World Oceans Day, Pollinator Week)
- July: DESERTIFICATION, DROUGHT
- August: TRADE-OFFS, SPECIES PROTECTION (World Elephant Day)
- September: ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP (Ozone Preservation Day, Water Monitoring Day)
- October: FOOD, HABITAT, CLIMATE ACTION (World Habitat Day, Day for Climate Action)
- November: SANITATION (Day for Preventing Exploitation of Environment, World Toilet Day)
- December: ECOSYSTEM SERVICES, SOIL (World Soil Day)
How It Works-
Check in several times a month; I will post a specific Earth-friendy theme related to monthly topics.
- Select photos and thoughts that fit the current topic or even a past one … You can showcase an activity or project that you are doing, or tell about something that is happening in your neighborhood or community.
- Create and Publish an “UNLESS… Earth-friendly Chroniclers” post:
- To make it easy for others to check out your response, title your blog post “UNLESS (theme of the week)” and;
- be sure to use the Earth-friendly Chroniclers tag.
- Copy the URL of the challenge and paste in your post editor. ( In the body of your post before you click “publish”)
- Copy the URL of your post and paste in the comments section of the challenge.
- That will create a ping-back in the comments section of the challenge so others may click to view your post.
- Be sure to follow links to discover what others are doing and to share: likes, comments, feedback, encouragement, and/or ideas with other Earth-friendly bloggers.